Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekly News!


This week I am sending home a new homework piece that I hope you will complete with your child.  This is a very open-ended Math routine we have been doing for the past few months.  I described it in last week’s note.  Simply, we look at a mathematical image and then discuss what we notice and wonder.  This is intended to be an open-ended and exploratory activity.  There is not a right answer.  If the class needs prompting I simply ask them to tell me what they see.  It is magical how putting observations into words drives our brain to make connections and inferences. I’m also going to ask the class to challenge you to pose a mathematical question about the images!
Our class has wrapped up our personal essays.  I am very pleased with the work they have done.  You should be receiving a typed copy of the essay with a self-reflection  attached.  

HOMEWORK THIS WEEK:   Due Friday 2/26

  • READING: Daily reading and one Reading Journal Response.
  • MATH: Notice and Wonder.





Names __________________________________________
Take a look at the images below.  Record what you notice and about the images and what you wonder.
What do you notice?
What do you wonder?



















What do you notice?
What do you wonder?
















No comments:

Post a Comment