Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thanks, families! And some words on homework.

I want to start by thanking you for all of the supplies.  We are well stocked for the year because of your generosity.   Thanks also for returning the school paperwork and for responding to my questions about homework.  If you haven’t had a chance to get that stuff in, please take a moment to return those items. If the homework note did not make it home, just let me know and I will send another along.
In order to make our home school connection strong and meaningful for each student, I am assessing their current strengths and needs.  Once I have that, I’ll try to create a routine that fits your responses. Until then we will have a weekly set of short activities for you to enjoy together.  
The key for this part of the year is laying the groundwork for seamless connection between our class and your home.  The main thing to practice is getting paperwork home and then back to school! Please check your child’s backpack and folder daily.
HOMEWORK THIS WEEK:   Due Friday 9/11

  • MATH: To start off our home-school connection, I am sending home one of the greatest math games - Tic Tac Toe sums.  This is a fun way to practice math facts and to think strategically.  The sheet is attached.
  • READING: Please read daily with your kids.  I am not sending home a reading log.  Twenty minutes is a good amount, but feel free to adjust.  I will send home some strategies for supporting your child and talking to them about their reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment